By Don Jones
Take final regulate of method management through studying complex scripting innovations from specialists. skilled home windows script-writers can circulation past the fundamentals with hands-on guideline, complicated recommendations, and most sensible practices for utilizing Microsoft visible easy Scripting version (VBScript) as an enterprise-level administrative software. you furthermore may get ready-to-use scripts and an book on CD.
Discover how to:
- Build your individual scripting elements and libraries
- Use electronic signatures and certificate to create security-enhanced scripts
- Retrieve details from lively listing with complex ADSI techniques
- Manage your home windows setting with complex home windows administration Instrumentation (WMI) techniques
- Use scripts to again up, reproduction, restoration, and set permissions in your staff coverage environment
- Write scripts to entry databases with ADO
- Build hypertext purposes for script graphical interfaces
- Develop scripts that paintings with Microsoft trade Server and Microsoft Operations Manager
- Exploit the scripting updates for home windows XP and home windows Server 2003
- More than a hundred pattern scripts to evolve in your personal work
- Fully searchable eBook
A word concerning the CD or DVD
The print model of this publication ships with a CD or DVD. For these shoppers buying one of many electronic codecs within which this booklet is on the market, we're happy to provide the CD/DVD content material as a unfastened obtain through O'Reilly Media's electronic Distribution prone. To obtain this content material, please stopover at O'Reilly's website, look for the identify of this booklet to discover its catalog web page, and click the hyperlink lower than the canopy picture (Examples, spouse content material, or perform Files). observe that whereas we offer as a lot of the media content material as we're capable through unfastened obtain, we're occasionally restricted through licensing regulations. Please direct any questions or matters to email@example.com.
Read or Download Advanced VBScript for Microsoft Windows Administrators PDF
Best visual basic books
With this thoroughly updated educational and reference, you will fast the right way to enhance visible easy (VB) courses that leverage the most recent good points of Vista and . web three. zero. the academic part walks you thru VB. web from scratch, giving you in-depth descriptions of the advance atmosphere, uncomplicated application syntax, and conventional controls.
With a purpose to study the basics of programming, do not get slowed down with pages of technical jargon that the majority books out there supply! No past visible Studio adventure required for sincerely visible simple: PROGRAMMING WITH MICROSOFT visible easy 2010, 2E through the best-selling writer, Diane Zak.
- Build Your Own ASP.NET 3.5 Web Site Using C# & VB
- NET enterprise design with visual basic .NET and SQL server 2000
- Security for Microsoft Visual Basic .NET
- A Fast Track To Structured Finance Modeling, Monitoring and Valuation: Jump Start VBA
- Visual Basic Microsoft Graph Objects
- ADO.NET Programming in Visual Basic .NET
Additional info for Advanced VBScript for Microsoft Windows Administrators
In Chapter 2, “Script Security,” we take a look at ways to create more secure scripts by using digital signatures and certificates. We also review how to configure your production environment to run scripts securely. Creating Your Own Script Components and Libraries One of the hallmarks of a great scripter is the ability to reuse code. wsf scripts) and how you can build a reusable script library. ” Using the Script Component Wizard, you’ll be able to create your own COM objects. Chapter 1: Getting Started 35 Running Scripts Remotely Even though there are numerous ways to remotely manage systems with a script, there might be times when you want a script to run locally on a remote system.
What makes one tool better than the other? When you need to develop a solution to a problem, there are several things to consider before opening your script editor. For example, who will be using the solution? How will it be used? Is this something that needs to be scheduled to run in the middle of the night or that is run interactively by someone with domain administrator credentials? Are there environmental, managerial, or security restrictions that might affect your solution? You also need to take into account your comfort level with the available options.
If you open a file for appending, any data you write will be added to the end of the file. If you open a file for reading only, no changes can be made to the file. We generally use OpenTextFile for reading or appending. If we need to write new data, we use the CreateTextFile method, as shown here. WriteLine "Audit log: " & Now 'script continues With the addition of a CreateTextFile parameter, the code is pretty simple. When this parameter is set to TRUE, any existing file with that name will be overwritten.